Tuesday 20 January 2015

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have learnt a lot of new and initiative ways on how to present my work in programs such as Microsoft PowerPoint or Word. Because I have done a lot of research for my magazine I have learnt a lot of ways to better present my work. In Microsoft Publisher I have learnt more ways to make a piece of a media product. In Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Fireworks has assisted me in making a better piece of media in Microsoft Publisher. Other technology such as a camera has been able to get good quality photos for my magazine, and with experimentation has expanded my knowledge on using this technology. Then in Adobe Photoshop/Fireworks I was able to enhance the photo for media uses in my magazine. Other programs have been able to aid me in research to be able to make my magazine in the first place. Google was good for first initial research on magazines, and software’s such as: Prezi; Blogger; PowerPoint; and Word, have been able to aid me in noting down my research.
In Prezi, I have learnt how to present my research and findings to an audience. As I was new to this particular technology this was a new way to present work to an audience, and learnt how to use it and its key features. In Blogger, I uploaded my work and organised accorded to completion and was new to this and its features and interesting to use; I had learnt another way on how to present my work to audiences. Google, I mainly used for light research so I could compare my magazine to professional magazines and take inspiration from some of them to use in my magazine, I could also research new websites to find text from, like DaFont to get new text font to make my magazine appear more professional. From the camera, I learnt how to take different shots for the magazine and there effect that they’ll have on the cover of the magazine. I also learnt on how to make the lighting better, and the quality of the image. In Adobe Photoshop or Fireworks, I expanded my knowledge of enhancing images and the quality of these. And even though I was not new to this software I still learnt a lot from using it, and made them better to use in my media product.  On Survey Monkey, I was able to learn how to make better survey for mass use and learn about the target audience that I was aiming for. Microsoft PowerPoint was where I presented most of my research and work, and even though I was not new from this particular technology I still learnt some things on how to present my work better. And in Microsoft Publisher, I learnt a lot on how you can design different media products in the software. In the preliminary task I was able to expand my knowledge and learn in these programs and learn for the final task, this also meant that I was able to learn from some of the mistakes that I made in the first task.Overall, I think I generally improved in most of these technologies that I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment